Angelica begins to see her old dog, Perro, and has dreams of a time before she came to the Agency, though she has a difficult time remembering recent events. She accompanies Marco into Rome as the fratelli search for a bomb threat. A truck bomb is driven into the Ministry of the Interior and Angelica shields Marco from the blast.
While the doctors were able to repair Angelica's physical injuries, the mental damage from years of surgery and conditioning has finally accrued to a level that will soon prove fatal. Angelica, who now only remembers her life before her arrival at the Agency, tells Marco a story about a prince who lived in the Land of Pasta. As the rest of the girls watch the start of a meteor shower, Angelica quietly passes away, Marco by her side to the end.
Triela finds that her own memory is starting to fail her. She accompanies Hilshire on a mission to Naples and is slightly injured. While she feels such a risk is normal for a cyborg to face, after the death of Angelica, Hilshire starts to realize that the cyborgs, for all their abilities, are still mortal.
- Chapter 45: "Crepuscolo" (クレプスコロ, "Kurepusukoro"?, crepuscolo is Italian for "twilight") (Part 1)
- Chapter 46: "Crepuscolo" (クレプスコロ, "Kurepusukoro"?) (Part 2)
- Chapter 47: "Crepuscolo" (クレプスコロ, "Kurepusukoro"?) (Part 3)
- Chapter 48: "Crepuscolo" (クレプスコロ, "Kurepusukoro"?) (Part 4)
- Chapter 49: "Embrace" (つの抱擁, "Tsuno Hōyō"?)
- Chapter 50: "Thinking" (つの想い, "Tsuno Omoi"?)
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|